Cataract ophthalmic surgery – complications of cataract surgery
The cataract procedure is performed on an outpatient basis. Patients are advised not to eat breakfast and not to drink fluids depending on the time of surgery. Wearing garbage can not be worn at the time of surgery. When you receive a patient, you get eye drops to lengthen the students and are likely to be soothing to the patient. Tropical or local anesthesia is also injected so that the patient does not feel pain.
During surgery, the area around the eye is carefully cleansed first and sterilized coatings are placed around the eye and around the head. The surgical microscope requires a small particle size. After surgery, the surgeon removes cataracts or clouds.
One of the following is the complication of cataracts:
· After cataract treatment, glaucoma or intraocular pressure sometimes occurs. If the eye pressure is high, further treatment is required such as eye drops, tablets, laser intervention or additional function.
· Occasionally there may be problems such as quenching the intraocular lens that should be replaced or moved during the 2nd surgery.
· The next capsule supports the location of the lens immediately following the removal of cataracts
· Detected retinas may also occur after cataract surgery, particularly when they are cataracts, especially when they are abnormally long high degree of myopia or short-sightedness coupled. Some ophthalmologists argue that they are directly related to the cataracts, as people with high vision already endanger the disrupted retina associated with disaster removal. The collective speed of retina removed in the raised myopic common populations occurring in cataract operation or in the replacement of refractive lenses was performed only in a few percent studies that were near the same risk if they had no surgery
. Endophthalmitis, which causes extensive infection or swelling, is another side effect of eyes after removal of cataracts and can cause permanent vision loss and even blindness. Numerous studies have shown that endophthalmitis occurs in every 1,000 parts of cataract surgery. This disorder is more likely to occur in people with associated immunomodulatory mechanisms associated with diabetes.
However, severe complications of cataract removal can often be solved by accurate follow-up healing
- Published On : 1 year ago on March 12, 2018
- Author By : 346@dmin
- Last Updated : March 12, 2018 @ 6:47 am
- In The Categories Of : Uncategorized